Hi! I’m Carola
I’m a thirty-something mom to fraternal twin girls (Lili and Bella). I’m also a self-taught hand letterer and modern calligrapher. Lettering is a passion I fell in love with, in 2016, and have been practicing ever since.
Here you’ll find tips and how-tos on creative journaling and planning to encourage you to keep practicing!
I’m an affiliate and ambassador to stationery brands that I love – if you’re interested in discount codes, check out my AFFILIATE tab. As an affiliate, I may make a small commission on sales made through my affiliate link or code at no extra cost to you. I truly appreciate any support!
A few random facts about me:
- I’m a Sri Lankan-Canadian, married to a New Zealander (aka Kiwi) – yes, our twins are mocha babies.
- I had Bells Palsy when I was 19 years old (a sudden paralysis that causes damage to the nerves controlling muscle movement on one side of the face). I’ll always have a sideways grin.
- My college education is in music business management – I thought I’d go on tour with cool bands. I did not do that.
- My day job for 8 years was working at a digital marketing agency, where I ran Google and Facebook/Instagram advertising campaigns for corporate clients.
- I also have a fur-baby (a tuxedo cat named Bayliss).
- My favourite show of all time is FRIENDS. I’ve watched the series so many times that I quote from it randomly IRL. If there’s a FRIENDS trivia night, I’m so there.